Thursday, December 11, 2008

Journal the Way

My daughter recently asked me what I write about in my diary. Grinning, I realized that my journal is the equivalent to her diary. I told her that I mostly write about my personal thoughts as they relate to me ( i.e. what I think, I believe, I desire and I feel). And yes, I write about boys too: my husband and son. I feel journaling is great start to figuring out "what's up?" when things don't feel right .

I confess, I am an on again off again journal writer. Daily journal entries do not exist in my book. Whew, I'm glad that's off my chest. Many people are reluctant to start a journal because it might add to their mental failure list. The usual statement is, "I don't want to start a journal because I wont keep it up." Well what does "keep it up" mean? Nobody writes the rules for your journal use but you. Let the leader in you decide when you will write.

Beware, your decision to express free-will does lead to inner and outer greatness. Others may notice your personal growth and see you as leader in your own life. You are constantly modeling the way for everyone around you - no pressure.

My actions are modeling the way for the next generation. My daughter feels no pressure to write daily. I did not ask her what she writes in her "diary." Again, model the way and respect what the personal thoughts of others. I believe she has greater ownership in her thoughts by simply writing them down.

Check out this link: http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2008/12/10/5-kick-ass-reasons-to-use-a-journal-and-how-to-do-it/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for tuning in and sharing your thoughts or experiences. Leadership or wine related -- it's all good.